Monday, January 30, 2012

I was just refused a mobile phone contract. How can I find out EXACTLY why?

I'm a British citizen living in the UK and I've never had any problems with credit whatsoever and nothing has changed in terms of meeting my monthly payments without fail and on time.



I have moved house once and been out of the country for some time, although since then I've successfully applied for a new credit card and bank account.



The mobile phone shop told me they use Equifax who declined me but could give me no further explanantion as to why. The Equifax website is charging 拢15 for a credit report and 拢17 for a credit rating but there must be a cheaper way to get this information?



Any advice would be greatly appreciated.



Thanks!I was just refused a mobile phone contract. How can I find out EXACTLY why?experian is 3 pounds by phone ,takes 5 days to come by post ......



phone number is on websiteI was just refused a mobile phone contract. How can I find out EXACTLY why?
It could have something to do with your credit rating. You can write off to Experian who for a fee of 拢2.00 will send you your credit rating and history.I was just refused a mobile phone contract. How can I find out EXACTLY why?Hi there, most Uk companies use ether Equifax or Experian, with Experian you can get a credit report from their website, I did it about 3 months ago and it was 拢2!



Sometimes it can go on your address, not you personally but whoever lived there before you, it is meant to go on the name though, but this might be a problem. Credit cards are the easiest to get on credit, we couldnt get any credit at all,(because of havin no previous credit) but we got a mortgage and our bank rang us 3 days after movin in to offer us a credit card with a huge limit, but we cant get an overdraft??? Its ridiculous isnt it?

Try to check out Experian though, thats what I did. Oh and I work for a bank, and I was worried I wouldnt get the job because of a credit rating and not being able to get a tiny 拢50 overdraft!

Good luck!I was just refused a mobile phone contract. How can I find out EXACTLY why?
I had this a few years back and had already had a meeting with my bank manager beforehand who said i had one of the best credit ratings. So basically i wasn't having any of it and kept applying till they accepted which they did on the third go. What made me laugh, i was accepted for a credit card with a 3k limit the same year with no hassle but try and get a 拢35 a month phone contract and they worry about the repayments - idiots !I was just refused a mobile phone contract. How can I find out EXACTLY why?Equifax has some incorrect data on you. Find out what it is a dispute it = it could be some-one at your old address.



It is also possible you have had you Identity stolen = since you have been out of the country, you would not know if your mail has been opened, cards / loans / accounts applied for and taken from your old address....I was just refused a mobile phone contract. How can I find out EXACTLY why?
The other answers give good advice: get the information to which you are entitled for a couple of quid a go.



The shop has misled you a little, probably through ignorance. Equifax, and the other credit reference agencies, don't make decisions for lenders: all they do is provide information.



Whoever provides the credit facility has made a commercial decision to decline you, and unless there's something obviously derogatory on your credit report, there's no way of finding out exactly why. Every lender has different criteria, which they keep secret for obvious reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment