Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pet owners, would you consider bringing your pets to an Asian veterinarian?

I'm asian, and I would love to be a veterinarian. But would you consider taking your pets to an asian veterinarian? It seems like there aren't very many veterinarians who are asian to begin with, so would you take your pet to one? Regardless of race and ethnicity?



I'm asking because I would hate going through so much and then never getting to help and treat animals. So do you care about race or ethnicity?Pet owners, would you consider bringing your pets to an Asian veterinarian?I could care less what ethnicity you are! As long as you're a good vet I would use your services. Good luck :)Pet owners, would you consider bringing your pets to an Asian veterinarian?
Ethnicity or race means noting to me



What matters is a well educated vet who is respected for their ethics, knowledge, expertise and bedside manner to both the pet as well as the owner.



As long as the vet was knowledgeable I wouldn't care if they were aqua colored with neon rainbow striping.



Good luck in becoming a vet, there is always room for concerned people to become an animal's savior. Just remember you will also see some heartbreaking situations and cases as well as the good, everyday wellness exams.



But again.. no, race or ethnicity doesn't matter to me at all.Pet owners, would you consider bringing your pets to an Asian veterinarian?If my vet is qualified, licensed and I am happy with the service then I could care less what race the vet is. But I grew up overseas a little and live in a very diverse city, (Washington, D.C.)



One of the vets at my local animal hospital I go to is Asian. She is awesome!



It has been a long time since I have seen someone racially discriminated against in a profession like veterinarians.Pet owners, would you consider bringing your pets to an Asian veterinarian?
im going to be very honest with you.

i dont have any problem with any race or ethnicity. its when they dont speak english and dont follow the norms of our society. im not saying they cant go by their own traditions but y make the rest of us. when i worked at mcdonalds we werent allowed to say merry christmas bc some ppl dont celebrate it.



i hate going into a store and the owners are chinese or indian or w.e and they are speaking to each other in their own language i think it is super rude. for all we know they are talking about us.



ANY WAY. if u are a good vet then i dont see y ppl wouldnt bring their animals to you. just do what you want to do.Pet owners, would you consider bringing your pets to an Asian veterinarian?i would definitely bring my dog to an asian vet ... i would bring my dog to any vet who is good regardless of ethnicity ... where i live there is much discrimination against east indian vets ... a few started inexpensive vet clinics and the expensive vet clinics are trying to shut them down ... i bring my dog to an east indian vet and him and his son (another vet in the clinic) are awesome ... my dog hurt her dew claw and they brought her to the back room to bandage and such ... my dog was screaming so the receptionist told me to go back and when i did i saw that big old vet snuggling and comforting my lap dog ... compassion is not based on race ... and as long as a person treats my dog well i would definitely use them as a vet ... and i hate to stereotype, but asians are smart !!! you are right though, in over twenty years i have never saw an asian vet, not sure why that is ... as much as discrimination still exists it is becoming a less popular way of thinking ...
I don't see why not. While it is true that there aren't many Asian vets out there it doesn't mean that you can't be one. As long as you do your job right it doesn't matter if you are white, black, yellow or green. In the end all that matters is that you take care of their pets.Pet owners, would you consider bringing your pets to an Asian veterinarian?
for me, it's all about qualifications and how they act with the animals, and the advise they give.

so, if you're competent, and treat my dogs well, and know what you're doing, sure i'd bring them to you.

(oh yeah, you'd have to be sort of local, too)
I'm asian and i'm a veterinarian and people trust me all the time. Race doesn't matter, and ethnicity don't matter, it's all about how good you are at what you do in your job.Pet owners, would you consider bringing your pets to an Asian veterinarian?
Dude, if you care about my dog and actually want to do what's best for her, than yes, I would use you as my vet. Honestly, race doesn't matter with vets. Whether or not you truly, deeply care about an animal does.
As a Caucasian, I prefer to have Caucasian doctors, dentists and vet's for my pets. This way I don't have to struggle if there is a language barrier.
I would go to an asian vet. Race doesn't matter when the health of my animals are at risk. As long as the vet is well trained and experienced then I would consider hiring them.
My mom speaks Polish better than English so we go to a Polish-speaking vet. But when I'm an adult and have my own dogs, race and ethnicity won't matter to me.
I certainly would not care what race or ethnicity my vet was. I care only that they do a good job and are compassionate.
I would i dont care about race or ethnicity
IDC who it is, if they can help the dog then sure why not.
Yes, because I don't judge by skin color.
Yes i would :)

No comments:

Post a Comment