Thursday, February 16, 2012

What would be an effective incentive to encourage people to spay and neuter their pets?

I am very much against government mandating anything other than the basics - don't kill, don't steal, etc. So I don't like the idea of a law that mandates spay and neuter. But I do think people should spay and neuter their animals and would like to hear other peoples ideas on how we could incent people to spay and neuter their pets. What positive enforcement would work do you think?What would be an effective incentive to encourage people to spay and neuter their pets?One organization in our area offers to spay pit bulls and their mixes for free. But they need a lot of donations to keep that program going. Our shelter offers low cost spay and neuter services - again we subsidize it with donations and grants. We also try to educate the public. It amazes me how many people don't understand how bad the pet overpopulation problem is and the benefits of spaying and neutering.What would be an effective incentive to encourage people to spay and neuter their pets?Make them take of of an unwanted dog or cat then take it away from them and euthanize it.What would be an effective incentive to encourage people to spay and neuter their pets?Well usually the main problem is money and location. Sometimes they do offer low cost, just not at the right time of the month. I don't think a law that enforces it should be the solution because then you'd have too many breaking the law. I would not want some goverment telling me how I have to have my cats. I do not beleive in doing the spay and neuter, but I also keep my kitties inside. I have for years, without any problems. They don't have the spraying or territorial issues, so I know spaying lies about that. It's not the same for every cat. They dont tell you what can happen. My friends cat died at a recent spay. She had a reaction to the anesthesia supposedly and just told her to get a new cat. We will never use that vet again.I had a cat a while back that was just as sweet as could be. After her surgery she came back just awful. She wouldnt purr or play with us, she wouldnt even look at us, then she ran away.How would you like it if you're owner stuck you in some foreign place to have your body parts removed?I disagree with the act.It is unneccesary for indoor cats. Maybe with the ferals its okay because they just reproduce over and over, why not let them. Whats the side affect?They are wild animals. You don't go out in the wild and spay Lions and tigers. Why do it to wild animals that live in our cities?



I do however beleive an owner is responsible, therefore should not their cats outside since they cannot control them off other people's yards. They should offer incentives such as free spay/neuter in more areas, in smaller towns. Alot of times I see ads that exclude counties, and I don't think that's fair. If you're offering it for free, then do it for everyone.What would be an effective incentive to encourage people to spay and neuter their pets?
watch the 'price is right' and listen to BOB at the end of the show

No comments:

Post a Comment