Monday, February 6, 2012

Can i upgrade my mobile phone a year early?

i am currently on an 18-month contract with t-mobile, and the date they have given me to be eligible for an upgrade is june 2012. obviously, i know i can't buy a contract phone and upgrade a few months later for free.



am i able to upgrade to a new phone if i pay a fee and switch to a more expensive plan?

if so, how much would i have to pay - would it be the full price of the phone i wanted or less?



thanks.Can i upgrade my mobile phone a year early?I used to be a t-mobile customer and if my memory serves me correctly there are 3 prices on there contract phones. One is just the phone no contract brand new usual its the largest number the number under that is the early upgrade price i think its after you have gone through half your contract and the bottom number which is almost always the cheapest is the new customer or new contract price. I would call them and explain what you want to do and they will explain there company's policies on early upgrades.Can i upgrade my mobile phone a year early?Even with the same carrier, different phones have different plans. The most common sense and simplest thing I can think to say is that you pay full retail until you're eligible for an upgrade. The upgrade rebate or discount is your reward for sticking w/the company and coming back - obviously there's no point to that if you're still on contract. Otherwise, the carrier will probably charge you full retail.



I noticed that nothing in your question suggests why you want to replace your phone - unless anything's wrong, I'd stick with what you've got. Ultimately what really matters is reliability, and newer and more sophisticated phones aren't inherently more reliable (on the contrary, sometimes they;re less reliable).Can i upgrade my mobile phone a year early?You can buy a phone without an upgrade date and use it, but its really expensive. I'm not sure what phone your looking to get, but for example an iPhone that costs 200 with an upgrade date would cost over 600 without it. So you could but it would be very expensive. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment