Monday, February 6, 2012

How should I commercialize my mobile phone software?

I have developed some software for mobile phones that I think will be very popular. It is currently just in development phase and wondered how best to commercialize this software? Set up as self employed and then look for venture capitalist funding? Or maybe just show the beta version to the likes of Google to see if they are interested in buying the "idea"?. If so how would a buyout work?How should I commercialize my mobile phone software?If you really think this is commercially viable then you need to patent it and make sure whoever you show the software to signs a non disclosure agreement.



Venture capital is available but you are looking at a loosing the majority share of your business and google are only just off the mark.



Approach manufacturers directly but be prepared to be ignored for a very long time, they have hundreds of people with thousands of 'good ideas' it will be a very special development that gets interest.



Alternatively complete the development and sell as and add-on or download. However, if you are only in development then you really only have a concept not a product and that is going to be a lot harder to sell.



Keep at it but I wouldn't approach anyone until I have a finished product.How should I commercialize my mobile phone software?Go on to Dragons den on BBC2

No comments:

Post a Comment