Thursday, February 16, 2012

Can i have a cat and a bird for pets togeather?

I have four cats but want a bird or other pet and i don't know if my cats would go as far as to kill or knock a bird cage over. If i can't get a bird then what pets can i get that cats can live with?Can i have a cat and a bird for pets togeather?I've had cats and birds together all my life. Yes the cats are very interested in the birds at first so it is best to keep the bird in a high place that is easy for you to reach but not as easy for the cats. May I also suggest a bird that is slightly larger and has some attitude, a spunky bird will hiss at the cats and discourage "foul play". :DCan i have a cat and a bird for pets togeather?
believe me no i had both and the cat tried to kill the birdCan i have a cat and a bird for pets togeather?well, sad to say but it is not going to work...Can i have a cat and a bird for pets togeather?
I dont see why not. My mom had a cat and a cockatiel together. They absolutely loved each other. But the thing is, she got them around the same time. But she suggests, if youre getting a bird, then make sure you emphasize to the cat, (showing him) that it is another sibling. Like hold the bird in your hands tightly, not too tight, and pet it around the cat, let him sniff the bird. But make sure that the bird is in a cage, unavailable to your cat when you are not around. Her bird %26amp; cat were oblivious to each other after a couple months, that my mom could let her bird run around the house w/out her cat chasing him or anything. Good luck.Can i have a cat and a bird for pets togeather?I've had cats all my life. They can be conditioned not to go after squirrels, but there's something irresistable to them about birds. You and the cat will have different ideas about what "having them together" means.



(I will defer to situations like Beth mentioned, but that may also depend on the personality of the cat if it is possible to have them together.)Can i have a cat and a bird for pets togeather?
If you want a bird than get one. I have three suggestins (a)Just put the cage up high, like on top of a desk something. (b) Put the cage in a room with the door closed so the cats can't get into the room that the bird is in.(c) buy a cage that cant be tipped over and that the door of the cage wouldn't open easily, to cats. I hope that that helpsCan i have a cat and a bird for pets togeather?
It just depends on the cat. My grandparents had two birds and some cats living at their house and their cats were fine with it. My cat however, tried to get the bird while it was on the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment